Really, there’s just no end of free things to do on the beautiful, exciting Isle of Wight, and it’s easy to get there. We’ve been collecting a lot of free activities that you can try, and we have put them on this website. Explore, and tell us your favourites!
- It’s got to be totally free (obviously)
- It’s got to be on, or associated with, the Isle of Wight
- You shouldn’t have to buy a ticket/pay for something else to get to see it.
- Promotional activities are not normally appropriate, i.e. things that are only free because they are associated with a paid-for activity; but we do have a few if they’re particularly good.
- For events, it should stand a fighting chance of happening more than once (for example, it’s happened a few times before and there seems to be some intention to do it again)
- It’s got to be worth seeing or doing – there are plenty of free things that are just dull. We aren’t interested in them.
Also we should say that there are many, many beautiful and free beaches, walks and countryside areas to visit for free. Like loads and loads. We are not going to list all those out as we’d have no room for anything else. Well, maybe a few of our favourites…